Make a list of six Sentinel-1 analysis ready data (ARD) products very easy to use for both human visual and machine-readable form. The ideal is either one click or one API command integration and use. Make the most of Sentinel-1 input data with state-of-the-art calibration, thermal-noise removal, and speckle suppression. The S1 ARD products are targeted for several governmental and business users to help them in certain use cases as a useful input for analysis or to provide an end-user service.
1) EO, ICT and GIS companies as service providers for a various end-user services
2) governmental users
3) farm management software (FMS) providers
1) Need to integrate and use satellite imagery quick and easy
2) The models serving an end-user require well-calibrated and high-quality SAR data
3) End-users require frequent updates about their AOIs
4) End-users require imagery with high spatial resolution
European, American, and Asian countries.
Sentinel-1 Analysis Ready Data (ARD) layers:
1. Time series of parcel-level statistics of VH and VV backscatter, VH/VV backscatter ratio, VH and VV 6-day repeat pass coherence (parcel min, max, mean, median, standard deviation)
2. Calibrated high-resolution VH and VV coherence rasters
3. Calibrated high-resolution VH and VV backscatter and VH/VV ratio rasters
4. Multi-polarisation backscatter image for visual use as a WMS service
5. Synthetic Sentinel-2-like natural colours image based on Sentinel-1 data, using modern AI-modelling tools
6. Synthetic NDVI-like raster based on Sentinel-1 and -2 time series with AI-modelling
Easy to use ideal is to make satellite image accessible with one click or one API command (e.g. switch on the satellite WMS/WCS layer in your web/desktop GIS and data mining, machine learning frameworks). All the data layers will have state-of-the-art calibration, thermal noise removal and speckle suppression.
The pre-processing burden of SAR data is taken away. A lot of EO, GIS and ICT companies and government institutions are not SAR experts, but they would benefit a lot from SAR data if it were provided in analysis ready format.
Contract is signed. The project runs from October 2021 to October 2023. We have pre-purchase deals with four users, who have ordered the developed data layers for 95 000 € for 2022. The development has started and first customers are served in March 2022.